De Róiste White Pudding Sunrise Bake
The base of this morning dish is cannellini beans which give plenty of fibre and protein to get you through the day. Although not strictly a replacement, this is a healthier alternative to the Irish fry.
Prep time: 10 mins
Cook time: 30 minutes
- 150g de Róiste white pudding
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tin cannellini beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 tin chopped tomatoes
- 1 large red onion, sliced into thin rings
- 1 clove garlic
- 1 tbsp balsamic vinegar
- 1/2 tsp smoked paprika
- Salt and cracked black pepper
- ½ lemon, juiced
- 100g asparagus, woody stems chopped off
- Preheat the range to 200C.
- Place the oil in a frying pan on the boiling plate. Once hot, add in the white pudding on one side and the red onion, vinegar and garlic on the other. After 4 minutes turn the white pudding and cook for another 3 minutes.
- In a small baking dish pour in the can of chopped tomatoes, cannellini beans, lemon and seasonings and stir.
- Layer the onions on top, then the pudding and finally the asparagus sprinkled with oil. Bake for 20 minutes.