Chicken Thighs Traybake with Champ
This recipe uses ingredients that you will likely already have in your fridge. It’s minimum effort and really tasty which makes it perfect for a busy lifestyle.
Prep time: 20 minutes
Cook time: 1 hour
For the traybake:
- 4 chicken thighs
- 1 tbpsn olive oil
- 2 tbspn smoked paprika
- 2 tbspn paprika
- 1 tspn mild chilli powder
- 2 spigs of thyme
- 4 carrots, chopped into long chunks
- 2 parsnips, chopped into long chunks
- 3 red onions
- 300g passata
- 300g cherry tomatoes
- Black pepper
For the champ:
- 1.35kg floury potatoes, well scrubbed, unpeeled
- 250ml milk
- 60g butter
- salt and white pepper
- 1 large bunch spring onions, finely chopped
- Preheat range to 200C.
- Place tray on the boiling plate with oil, smoked paprika, paprika and chilli powder. Once sizzling, place thighs into the tray to seal and turn once golden.
- Once the juices are sealed in, add in the carrots, parsnips and onions to the tray and place in the top oven for 40 minutes.
- While the traybake is in the oven, steam the potatoes on the hot plate.
- Peel the potatoes and place into a clean pot with the rest of the ingredients. Mash until smooth and creamy.
- Add in the passata, tomatoes, thyme and pepper to the traybake and place back in the range for a final 20 minutes.