De Róiste Black Pudding and Coolea Farmhouse Cheese Pizza
Both of the key ingredients are local artisan products. The salty black pudding combined with this particularly sweet, mellow cheese is blissful. I love making pizza dough and this wholemeal version has extra fibre for slow release energy.
Serves: 4 (makes 2 large pizzas)
Prep time: 1 hr (prove time 4 hours)
Cook time: 12-15 minutes
For the dough:
200g strong wholemeal flour
200g strong white flour
For the marinade:
400g chopped tomatoes, tinned
1 tbsp olive oil
1 clove garlic
200g mozzarella, grated
100g Coolea cheese
100g de Róiste black pudding
Basil, to garnish
- Mix the yeast together with 300ml of warm water for 10 minutes while you mix together the flour.
- Add the yeast and stir. Mix with your hands and knead for 10 minutes. Place in a lightly oiled bowl for 4 hours.
- Preheat the range to 230C and place the oil, garlic and onions in a saucepan for 2 minutes. Stir in the tomatoes for 5 minutes.
- Divide the dough in two and with a rolling pin form two discs.
- Smear the marinade across the pizzas, leaving a 1-inch border. Scatter the mozzarella, then the black pudding and cheese. Place in the oven for 12-15 minutes, until lovely and golden.